- Neti is excellent for kapha season – late Winter and early Spring – to help clear mucus and accumulation on the sinuses.
- A neti pot can be used daily, or simply as needed to cleanse the sinuses and nasal passageways. DO NOT use a neti pot if you have an active sinus infection, as it can spread.
- While pouring the water, your mouth should be slightly open, as this is how you will breathe. It is common when learning to have some water come back and down the throat. Lean forward a bit more, and it will come out the nostrils. Likewise, you can actually lean too far forward, and the water will not pour out. It takes some trial and error, but you can do it!
- Only blow very gently out the nostrils after use to clear any mucus or debris. If you blow too hard, you can send water into the ear canals. Be gentle.
- A neti can be drying for some people – if you find you are having sinus headaches after use, you may better benefit from using nasya oil either afterwards, or in place of your neti pot.
- If you would like to buy a neti pot, nasya oil, or a tongue scraper, you can do so with these links.